Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Weekend {Home}

Do you think it's possible to still feel like you have two homes? Because I still do. I adore mine and Nicholas' sweet home...and it is obviously the location I'd say was my home if someone asked me. But, I also still feel like mom's house in Walla Walla is my home. I catch myself when I'm talking about a weekend there saying, "We're going home for the weekend".... funny how that works isn't it?

I just love a weekend in Walla Walla though, and probably because of all the familiar sights, sounds and smells it makes me feel like it's still my home. We enjoyed wine tasting (despite the less-than-perfect weather conditions), delicious home made meals, sleeping in, naps, and talks about future dreams. It was wonderful.
Unintentional twins wine tasting...what can I say? We've been together since we were 10 years old!

Klicker's asparagus is, in my mind, one of life's great pleasures...

2 comments:

The Moore Family said...

I totally hear you on the "home" feeling. Ry and I were just talking about this the other day and I said that it was sad that my parents didn't own the house i grew up in any more because every once in a while I wish i could curl up in my younger world of no responsibility and have my mom stroke my hair and make me bacon and eggs for breakfast . . with no greater worries than what I was going to wear that day. . .

Unknown said...

Yes, I still have two homes as well and I'm proud to have two very special places to call home.

Glad you had fun at home! Love the unintentional twin outfits!