Thursday, November 5, 2009

Confession

I have a confession.

I am a Christmas junkie. Seriously, I love it more than I can adequately describe. I love everything about it: the childhood memories, the smells, the sounds, the lights, shopping for gifts, celebrating Christ's birth, the tree, the food, the gatherings, family, the hope for the new year...just everything.

But possibly one of the things I love most is the music. I am not ashamed to admit I listen to holiday tunes pretty much starting the day after Thanksgiving through the New Year. The confession part of this post comes when I tell you I sometimes start listening to that music a little early.
It happens every year. I get a little itch. Something in my bones just needs a little dose of my favorite Christmas album (Sarah McLaughlin).

So this week, in the privacy of my car to and from work, I indulged in my craving and have been listening. And it has been just wonderful. I only listen for a few days, and then I'm ready to wait again. And the funny thing is, I actually am appalled when I see decorations in stores already, see holiday lights up, hear music on the actual radio. I believe strongly that we should wait until after Thanksgiving to outwardly start the celebrating.

But secretly, in the privacy of my little Honda, I've been singing my heart out all week. And loving every second of it. Merry Merry!
IMG_0067

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha! You are so cute! :) Can you bust out the car wreath this year please???

Kris said...

Love you Corks! You are my Christmas music inspiration!! Can't wait to see some Barb with you. :)

Lspry said...

Your post made me smile! Bring that CD to Chelan... we can rock out to some Christmas tunes!

Jamieofalltrades said...

Can I please take a good look at those ornaments? I want to make them this year.

Lyndsy said...

Ha! I ADORE christmas music! I have to limit it (like my eggnog lattes) however to after thanksgiving, but once after, it is nonstop christmas music. Nothing else. I can't wait for it!!

Lindsay said...

It's my fave too! I can't wait until it's on the radio 24-7