Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Your little hands wrapped around my finger
and it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyes flutter cause you're dreaming
so I tuck you in
turn on your favorite night light.

To you, everything is funny
you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I had honey
if you could stay like that.
IMG_6568

Oh, darling don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
It can stay this simple.


Quilt

I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up.
-Taylor Swift


Quilt 2
Okay...so not really. Of course I am so happy and blessed that our squish is healthy and thriving and growing, but these last few weeks really feel like her "tiny baby" days are slipping away from us. She is changing and learning new things every day and it is amazing to be a witness to all the newness around her.
I was reading in one of my books the other night and it was talking about your 5 month old baby and that they were in the large infant stage now. Say whaaaaat? I'm not ready to leave
little infant stage!
I find myself holding on to her and repeating to myself: remember this. hold on to this.
she'll never be this little again.
I am so in love with being her mama.

4 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

Maybe it is my lack of sleep or the hormones making me a little overly emotional, but this post totally made me cry. Why can't they stay small forever???

Lspry said...

I.LOVE.CHAROLETTE! That little face is so stinkin cute!

Marge said...

Those baby legs look familiar ;) Purple is her color :) She is precious. XO

Michelle said...

Combining two things I love...Miss Charlotte & the new Taylor Swift album ;) See, I told ya it would be something you'd want to sing to that sweet little face! :)