Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sometimes

_MG_7949


Sometimes I still can't believe she is ours.
I look at her in amazement...wondering how it's possible she is already nine months old, how she could already be the same number of months old as the number of months she lived in me.

Lately my favorite time with her has been bedtime.
After eating together, we have about 30-40 minutes of cuddles and laughter.
And here's the best part...she thinks I'm hilarious! As in, I'm the funniest person in the world. Quite the ego boost I must say. Because soon enough she is going to realize that her daddy is the funny parent in this household...but right now, it's me and I can't get enough of it.

At nine months the separation anxiety has really set in, and though sometimes it can be difficult to get anything done because she doesn't want me out of sight...it's also a pretty incredible feeling. To be needed so much by this little person.
I remind myself that one day she won't need me like that, and I hold on to these days.

Because they are pretty much the best ever.

3 comments:

Matt and Teresa said...

I think you're pretty funny too!

Erin said...

Beautiful picture of your sweet girl! It was so wonderful seeing you two last week - we need to do it more often.

Lauren said...

Hope to see this super duper cute face--and yours too ;) sometime soon! Miss you guys.