Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dinosaur Egg

Ever had one??

I'll admit, I'm not normally a fan of the hybrid fruits that are concocted out there. But Nicholas introduced me last week to the Pluot, or Dinosaur Egg, as they are so affectionately referred to, and I must say... I can't get enough! I have had one in my lunch every day this week.

Apparently they have engineered and taken the best qualities of the plum and the apricot and...voila! The pluot is born.

All I know is, it is delicious. Get you hands on one today before they become extinct. At least for the season.
*bad joke I realize. I'm guilty of lame humor sometimes.

5 comments:

Jaclyn Z. Reiss said...

AHAH! Your "bad" joke made me LOL! I LOVE pluots too! Just tried them for the first time this summer - delish!

Kris said...

I love pluots! I've never heard them called Dinosaur eggs but I'll definitely start calling them that!!

Lyndsy said...

I like pluots! I had a watermelong pluot the other day...talk about hybrids! I never knew they were referred to as Dinosaur Eggs...love it!

Michelle said...

Ha! I don't think your humor is lame, I love it :) And I would love to try a pluot!

Erin said...

I've never had a pluot, I'll have to try one out next time I find one. Can you buy them at the normal grocery store? BTW - love the lame humor.