Sunday, August 23, 2009

Missing

Tonight for whatever reason, I am missing my sweet home town of Walla Walla.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the life and home that Nicholas and I have made for ourselves in the city, but my roots are from a small town. I grew up in that small town, went to college in another sweet small town...and at times a pang hits my heart, and I miss.

I'm already looking forward to a weekend there in October! (yes, with the craziness of our schedules we can't really get back there until October. eeks. One of these days hopefully things will slow down...)

There are so many pictures that we have from over the years on that tree in Pioneer Park. One of my favorites is a picture of all my cousins, lined up from oldest to youngest on that tree branch, with my grandparents and all my aunts and uncles from my dad's side.
So many people take pictures there now, that they've had to put that post up to hold the old oak tree's branch up.

I hope that tree holds up so that one day we can take pictures of our kids on it...

Love you Walla Walla, thank you for all the memories, see you soon.

*all images via Google Images

2 comments:

The Moore Family said...

I know that longing feeling :). Over five years away leaves me longing to get back to my roots!!! Thanks for the beautiful pictures and reminders.

Michelle said...

Ditto! I heart our cute little town. I am always missing WW...my next trip isn't until the end of Oct, seems kinda far...can't wait though! Just over a month for you! :)