Saturday, November 29, 2008

THANKFUL Thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving in Texas was honestly just...perfect! I am so happy that we were able to spend the holiday with my relatives from my dad's side of the family, and especially happy that my grandparents were finally able to meet Nicholas (they aren't able to travel any longer so couldn't come up for the wedding.)

We ate BBQ brisket, played some soccer, chatted with Grandpa, devoured deep dish pecan pie, sang many a Rock Band song, said some prayers, cried some tears, ate craw-fish etouffee, lots of hugs, played some Hearts, ate some oatmeal, went on some runs, learned about life as a freshman at LSU, cheered on the Franklin Lions in triple overtime playoff football game, ate some shrimp creole, missed dad, listened to old stories, and just completely enjoyed ourselves (while eating a LOT as you can tell...)




I just came back from this little get-a-way so completely thankful for my amazing family. They are a breath of fresh air...these incredible people who seem to do so much for other people...it is always such a reminder for me being around them how much more I could do to help others. My cousins are honestly the sweetest of sweet people I've ever met... pure sugar is what I call them. I love them all so much....

2 comments:

Matt and Teresa said...

I am glad you had a great time!

The Moore Family said...

What a special trip! I am so glad Nick got to meet your g-parents!