Monday, October 31, 2011

Stretching it out.

I'm a lover of birthdays.
Every year.
Even though it means I'm getting older, I love everything about them. And another year older means another year to celebrate with those I love.


And I don't just like to celebrate for a day. I think I may have picked up this characteristic from my Auntie, but I prefer to have about a week long celebration.

I mean, really...it's better that way.

It started with mom coming to visit (and for the record Charlotte is quite smitten with her Grammie)

IMG_1197
And a delicious dinner out with my main squeeze. Such a treat, and so appreciated.

IMG_1192


Followed the next night by a gorgeous wedding downtown...

wedding


And a Sunday spent with our little buddies at the most darling farm/pumpkin patch ever.

Farm1


Picture baby goats, chickens, ducks, pigs, ponies...all available for viewing and many for petting. Charlotte was in amazement.

_MG_1268



IMG_1250



IMG_1246



farm 4


If you know my daughter...you know these words aren't exactly what I'd use to describe her these days...

IMG_1277


But we entered anyway.

I kept a close watch...don't worry little duckies.

IMG_1272


We lucked out with a gorgeous Northwest fall afternoon...

fArrm 2


And attempted another group shot.

IMG_1288
I could just hear the kiddos thinking, "Nice try mom's. Never.gonna.happen."

Farm 3


IMG_1325

And the perfect way to round out my birthday fun? A dinner gathering with my girls...cozied up together in our family room, chatting, sipping wine, eating and catching up.

IMG_1326


IMG_1327

Yay for birthdays. Yay for another year. 32, let's make it a good one.


No comments: