Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's here.

Christmastime.

The season my heart does a little happy dance for. The one that we wait for all year with anticipation and plans and dreams of making this year the best Christmas of all. It is here and we are in the full fa-la-la-la-la swing of things.

IMG_6836


IMG_6839


Because I am a Christmas girl. And on top of that, I'm a tradition girl...and these two things go together quite nicely.
I'm not exactly sure when it happened, my intense love for everything about this time of year...but I feel certain it must be because my childhood memories are held so dear to me. It was always perfect. And not because life was always perfect, because it certainly wasn't. It was just perfect in a way that can only be explained by saying, "It's Christmas!" I don't know if my parents and relatives consciously knew they were creating for us these treasured traditions and memories, but whether they knew or not, they were created.

I love this quote from Anna Quindlen, author of "The Short Guide to A Happy Life" (if you haven't read this little gem, get your hands on it asap)
"Christmas is the mainstay of my year, because tradition is the mainstay of my life.
It keeps me whole."


us


I have an entirely new sense of excitement this year with it being Charlotte's first Christmas. Because although she may not realize it's her first...

_MG_6880


We know it is.


Picnik collage


Let the fun begin!

5 comments:

Kris said...

Beautiful post Corks! Totally sums up how I feel about Christmas as well. Love, love the pics of Charlotte - especially the 'surprised' look! If she was giving a thumbs up it'd be the quintessential Corky/Kricky picture!

Jamieofalltrades said...

The last photo of Char-char babe totally is a Courtney face!!

Michelle said...

Ditto Kris & Jamie, I was going to say that last pic of Charlotte could NOT be more of a "Courtney pic"! LOVE it!

Lyndsy said...

Cuteness! Love how happy that little Char always is. Love her tights!

My dad every year always tells the story of when I was little and would look at any house with Christmas lights, point and say "Look! It's Christmas". I love this time of the season!

Erin said...

Such a wonderful post Court! I love that I have so many friends that share the same special feelings about Christmas. The photos of Charlotte are so perfect - she's only a few months old and already looks so excited for Christmas :)