Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Loving it...

A few days ago when I read Sarah's post about the sometimes overwhelming feelings that you have when owning home...I could completely relate. Nicholas and I are definitely still in the "getting used to a mortgage" phase. At times it is easy to feel sorry for myself: wishing we could buy more new clothes, treat ourselves by going out to eat more, go on more trips, save more.

But then, I remember how fortunate we are to live in our house, together, and what things are truly important in life. I am thankful that I have daily reminders of how thankful we should be.

Today, it was my hydrangeas. They are just so darn beautiful! And to be honest, I really can't take much credit for how lovely they are looking. Mom and I spent a good amount of time this late winter/early spring cutting them back, and from that they have opened into the amazing plant! I was so completely happy making dinner for Nick, sipping a glass of white wine on this hot summer day, arranging my hydrangeas....is this domestication??

I don't know...but I must say, I'm loving it.

2 comments:

The Moore Family said...

I hear you. A home is so wonderful. . .being house poor is not as much fun. I think Ry would love to move and I am loving the small flexibility we have for the first time. I think I would rather stay here forever with our 10 kids and buy all the clothes, vacations, etc than feel the heat of a big mortgage. We will see who wins a few raises from now.

Unknown said...

WOW! What gorgeous shades of blue Courtney!