Sunday, August 10, 2008

Out of the city...

It was so wonderful to get out of the city this weekend and head over to Leavenworth for my cousin's wedding. The weather was perfect, the wedding was lovely, and it was just so great to get to spend time with my relatives from the South again. They all came up for our wedding, but it was just so busy during the wedding happenings, that I didn't get to spend as much time with them all as I would have liked. We are on a three month cycle right now of getting to see each other, and I just love it!

I love living in Seattle, but I have to admit that one of the things I miss the most about not living in a small town are seeing the stars. I was commenting last night on how dark it gets at night when you don't have the bright lights of the city to compete with. The stars were all out (such a funny saying, as I'm pretty sure they are always technically there), and it was such a peaceful feeling. It always helps me to put things in perspective when you can see the stars and know that people all over the world can see the same thing.


On our little deck outside our hotel room- I love the way it smells in the mountains! We were cozy...it was mom, me, Nick, Z and Laura all together in one room. It was a larger, suite type room and we actually had plenty of space, quite fun.
"This place is so cute...I would totally live here!"- Laura when we got in our room. She is, by the way, the most genuinely happy, energetic person I have ever met in my life!




Nicholas and his buddy Teddy on our hike the next day...they were pretty much inseperable the whole weekend!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like such a fun weekend w/ the fam, I missed you friend!

The Moore Family said...

Soooo a-dor-able!!!