Sunday, August 3, 2008

"The play's the thing..."- Hamlet

What a perfect afternoon today was! If you haven't been to see any of the Greenstage "Shakespeare in the Park" performances, get yourself there! Dave, Amy, Addie, Nick and I headed over to Discovery Park for the afternoon performance of "Hamlet".
Every summer, Greenstage and The Seattle Shakespeare Company offer free performances throughout different Seattle parks of some of Shakespeare's most famous plays. Last year we saw "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and it seems perfect that this year we got to see Dave's all-time favorite Shakespeare play- "Hamlet".

We brought blankets, laid on the grass in the sun, had delicious morsels and enjoyed the play...I thoroughly enjoyed myself! I have read many (not nearly all however) of Shakespeare's plays and I always forget what great lines there are in each of them! "Hamlet" is chock full of them!

Sidenote: Although the plays are free, they actors rely on donations to keep these performances going. So, support the arts!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I really want to go to one of these!

The Moore Family said...

Fun Court!!! Wish I was sitting next to you on eating morsels!