Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering to be thankful....

Today is the anniversary of 9-11. This coupled with learning of some sad news today regarding a young couple who was an acquaintance in college...has made me extremely aware of and thankful for the blessings in my life.

Health: Our health is something that is all too often taken so much for granted, but is such a blessing. I know it's cliche to say, but I am actually quite often guilty of cliches (what can I say, I'm a bit cheesy!)...but truly each day is a gift. I am guilty almost daily of self-deprecating body image comments, but why? I am healthy! I can run! I can jump! I am fortunate.

Family: What an amazing family I have! To have grown up in, what I consider to be, the most amazing childhood, with loving, caring, present and aware parents...to have extended family who are loving, caring, present and aware...and to found in my new family wonderful people who are loving, caring, present and aware. I am fortunate.

My Love: Finding my person in this life, who makes me laugh, who loves me, who puts up with me, who actually thinks I'm funny too, who supports me, who encourages me and who shares this journey with me. I am fortunate.

My Girls: I hope that my girls always know how very much I love them. They are inspiring, creative, smart, amazing, unique, funny and positively radiant individuals who make my life full. I am fortunate.

Insulation: Our house is now fully insulated after hiring a small team of gents to come blow in insulation to our attic.
Okay...truth be told, I'm working on feeling thankful for this one right now...because it is NOT the most inexpensive process, but I know that it will help keep us cozy this fall and winter and for this, I am fortunate.

5 comments:

The Moore Family said...

Ryan has been obsessing about insulation, but for the insane summer heat! What beautiful things to be thankful for. . I share your sentiments friend!

Kris said...

Great post Corks! I love all your insights. :)

Jamieofalltrades said...

What a nice post!

Michelle said...

So much to be thankful for right now! I share your sentiment!!! Love you friend! :)

Marge said...

Very nice post! Always good to stop and recognize the lovely little things in life we are all very luck to have ;)