Sunday, June 8, 2008

Go Big Brown!

Today for the Belmont Stakes, we went over to AJ and Angie's to watch the big race! I have never really been into horse racing, but I kind of fell in love with Big Brown. He won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness, and was favored to win the Belmont...making him the first triple crown winner in like 30 years or something (how is that for some fun fact info!). Since AJ is the HR Manager at UPS, we had Big Brown buttons to support our guy! I did accidentally keep saying "Go Big Blue" though....those high school cheerleading days are just ingrained in me I guess! Sadly, Big Brown did not win....he actually got last place. I think he was really sad about it...you could kind of just tell. We later headed to Ivar's Salmon House....and then the Roanoke, a cutie little bar near Eastlake. Nick and I were tired Coffee Hour hosts this morning at church!!

No comments: