Sunday, June 15, 2008

Room with a view...

What a wonderful Father's Day today was! Although I had to say goodbye to Nicholas for 2 weeks (wah!) and although I am missing him terribly already (double wah!)...he is off to Georgia for an exciting learning experience for his career.
I went for a run, in...get this...the SUN! It was fabulous!
Krissy, Michelle and I layed out (with sunscreen of course!) in our backyard and just chatted, enjoyed the Vitamin D exposure that have been so lacking.
My new family all came over for dinner...Court, Chris, Allie and Hans...we BBQ'd, played some Bocci Ball and just enjoyed the lovely evening.

As I sit down to my blog this evening, I think of dad...listening to an old Carolyn Dawn Johnson song, "Room with a View", that always brings tears to my eyes:

"Now you've got a room with a view... A window to the world
You always had your sights set high
And now that you're gone...your memory lives on...and I see you smiling in my mind
With angels as visitors, dropping by, your room with a view".

I feel so fortunate that on days like today that could easily be very sad days...I am surrounded by friends and family who I love so very much, and who love me and lift me up every day. Thank you to each of you.
To my dad, my grandpa, my papa, and to my new fathers-in-law....thank you to all of you for shaping who I am...and who Nicholas is. We love you!

2 comments:

The Moore Family said...

What a great song. . . sweet Art. He was one incredible man.

Michelle said...

Love you Court, I always think of you when I hear that song and it makes me cry too!!! So happy we spent the day together yesterday...