Thursday, July 24, 2008

BizX Networking

Tonight Nick had a networking event put on by BizX (a business trade organization), and since Dave couldn't go with him, I was runner up! BizX hosted the event at Portage Bay Cafe's newer location in South Lake Union. They serve really delicious, mostly organic food...so I was really excited for the morsels.

No joke, I had about 10-12 of these delicious bites...roasted red peppers wrapped around a tiny bit of goat cheese (my fav cheese)...so good!

The event was pretty interesting...you meet people from all kinds of work who offer their services on BizX, and then in turn use services from other BizX businesses. I did see the crazy who did my wedding corsages and boutonnieres and hid...he was just too much! To quote, "Oh there you are angel!" when I originally went into his store. I just wasn't up for it tonight.

I also met this fella who told me to thank my parents for being so beautiful, wow. Check out his tie! I had to get a pic with him...look at those beautiful giants! I also met maybe the most annoying guy ever. Thought he was way too cool, you know the type...suit, Belltown-type, just FULL of himself. I actually kind of got into a disagreement with him regarding annuities- ha! Margo would be so proud!

Fun, interesting evening with yummy bites and wine AND a free 15 minute chair massage...not bad!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, what a night you had!!! Great food, great compliemts, and look at those majestic mammals on his tie! SO beautiful... :)