Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I love my husband...

For many reasons, but today there is one in particular that stands out.
I have a new cousin Teddy who was adopted into my Aunt and Uncle's wonderful family just this late winter from Ethiopia. He is the sweetest boy, and so very smart!
It is absolutely amazing to me how much English he already knows, having grown up in an orphanage. But he was known as a leader amongst his peers, and actually a lot of the children in his orphanage were adopted into the small Texas town of Franklin, where my relatives live.

When they all made the trip up for our wedding in May, meeting Teddy was one of the things Nicholas was most looking forward to. On Friday before the wedding, they all spent the day together, with Nick as the tour guide throughout Seattle- even taking them to an authentic Ethiopian restaurant!

They decided that trip to become pen-pals, to keep in touch, and to help Teddy as he works on his English. Nick had sent Teddy a letter a bit ago, and today he got his first letter back. It just warms my heart so much that I have such a tender hearted, loving husband and partner...who is a pen-pal with my new cousin. What a gift!

2 comments:

The Moore Family said...

what a stud muffin!

Shelby said...

What a sweet story! You picked a winner ;)