Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sweet Dreams

All my life, probably until the day I moved out of my parent's house, I insisted that my mom and dad "tuck me in." Each night when my dad would close my door, he wished me "sweet dreams".
Today I woke up from such a sweet dream...

We were in what must have been Leavenworth...it was definitely in the mountains somewhere, and since we spent so much time there in the summers growing up at my Uncle's property, I have to assume this was the location. All of my dad's side of the family was there....my grandparent's were in their motorhome that they used to drive up each summer from Louisiana, all my Aunt's and Uncle's, and all my cousins. My grandparents were scooting around, healthy and active like they always were (my grandma now has Alzheimer's). The funny thing about my cousins was that they were all really little....like early-mid grade school ages, but I was the same age. It must be the time in their lives that I always picture them at (kind of like Kevin Gwinn...he will ALWAYS be 6 years old to me!).

I can't even really recall what we were doing or if there was a plot to my dream...but I just woke up with such a peaceful feeling, such a loving feeling of family and memories.

I knew that dad must have sent me that dream.
Thanks dad!

2 comments:

The Moore Family said...

Sweet Art- love him. . .

Kris said...

What a beautiful post! So sweet.