Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The sweet sound of summer...

Today really feels like a summer evening! I came home from work, admired my lovely rose bushes that I did some serious work on last night, went for a quick run in the sun (there is just NO going to the gym when it is this nice out!), and then went down to Greenlake to watch Nick and the boys play their softball game. I love all the action at Greenlake on these warm summer evenings...you can just tell how happy everyone is! It just puts a huge smile on my face. Sat at the game with Amy and Addie (she is walking now!), and cheered the boys on to a win! (if you were an avid fan of the Lovik and Juhl team you would know this is sometimes a rare occasion).

Tonight as I sit here to post on my blog, Nick is out with the lawn mower and weed wacker, and the sound brings me back to so many happy summer nights. There is just something about the sound of a lawn mower that just SCREAMS summer to me! (side note...we have a push lawn mower that is in fact eco-friendly, so the weed wacker is actually the one making this noise that I love).

Thank you for today.

2 comments:

The Moore Family said...

You make summer sound so beautiful. I am sitting down here in a blazing inferno, trapped indoors dreaming of winter.

Kris said...

Yes! Hearing a lawn mower totally brings me back. Terry outside mowing the lawn on a hot summer day. I love that smell! Having summer here in Seattle is making me sooo happy as well. :)